This was SEMANTICS 2017: Reaching out to new industries, vendors, and establishing good relations to neighbouring communities. These were the reasons why to bring SEMANTiCS conference series to Amsterdam.
The feedback and the pure figures show the success of that effort. Exactly 370 attendees joined the SEMANTiCS Conference in Amsterdam. This growth by 33% shows that SEMANTiCS meets a growing demand for such gatherings in industry and research.
The 13th edition of SEMANTiCS combined researchers, professionals, and practitioners from across the globe – from a total of 28 different countries. Most visitors and participants came from the Netherlands, Germany, Austria, UK and Belgium.
The iPraxis Track of this year’s I-Semantics / I-Know Conference offers a unique forum for enterprise architects, information professionals and all practitioners: A comprehensive overview over real-world applications in the field of semantic technologies will be presented by experienced speakers demonstrating the power of semantic systems!
- Horst Baumgarten, Roche Diagnostics GmbH (D): A „Super-Glossary“ for Roche
- Andreas Blumauer, Semantic Web Company (A): Thesaurus based Enterprise Search – Two Show Cases
- Christian Fillies, SemTalk (D): Linked Data Interface, Semantics and a T-Box Triple Store for Microsoft SharePoint
- Georg Güntner, Salzburg New Media Lab (A): Linked Media Services: A Linked Data Approach for Enterprise Information Integration
- Peter Haase, fluid Operations (D): Enterprise Linked Data Applications with the Information Workbench
- Alexander Oelling, sones (D): Create and Uncover Semantic Relationships
- Vincenzo Pallotta, InterAnalytics (CH): Interaction Mining: making pragmatic sense of Internet conversations
- Bernhard Schandl, Gnowsis (A): Refinder: A Semantic Collaborative Productivity Tool
- Thomas Schandl, Semantic Web Company (A) / Bernhard Schandl, Gnowsis (A) / Stefan Wunder, Neurovation (A): A LASSO for Linked Data – 3 Use Cases to improve personal knowledge management, document management and creativity techniques by leveraging Linked Data